The new CD5005 incorporates everything its predecessor, the CD5004, offered including the Marantz-own HDAM-SA2, but this year it features an upgraded DAC CS4398 and new CD mechanism – both taken from its big brother, the CD6005. As you’d expect, it plays CD, CD-R and CD-RW discs as well as MP3 and WMA files. It includes customised components for sound tuning and an extra-reliable CD transport mechanism.
The Audio EX(clusive) mode further enhances sound quality by switching off functions such as digital output and pitch control when not in use. The random play function will give you another option to explore your music in a new way. Also new for this year is an upgraded remote controller as well as low-power stand-by and auto stand-by modes. In addition, high-grade gold-plated analogue outputs guarantee best connectivity, while a well-defined headphone output, and an easy to read display rounds off this excellent player.
- Frequency Response 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Dynamic Range 100 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio 110 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion 0.002%
- Channel Separation 98 dB
- Standby Consumption in W0.3
- Maximum Dimensions (W x H x D) in mm 440 x 105 x 338
- Weight in kg 5.0
Founded in 1953, Marantz has a long and rich history of designing audiophile components that have been embraced by music lovers and critical listeners around the world. Because Music Matters so much in our lives, the CD5005 carries on our long tradition of delivering a superlative music listening experience.
Fully Discrete Headphone Amplifier
The all discrete headphone amplifier section features premium components selected for top audio fidelity, and is compatible with the widest range of headphone types, including low impedance models, and features a front panel adjustable volume control
Audio EX Modes
For highest sound quality, the CD5005 includes 2 Audio EX modes:
- Audio EX Mode 1 disables the pitch control and the digital audio outputs.
- Audio EX Mode 2 disables the pitch control and the digital audio outputs, and blanks the front panel display during playback (the display returns when playback is stopped or paused), and is the preferred mode for the best possible playback fidelity from the analog audio outputs.
Optical and Coaxial Digital Audio Outputs
For compatibility with the widest range of external digital audio devices and decoders, the CD5005 features both optical and coaxial digital audio outputs.