The sculpted low-diffraction cabinet of the Gold 50 houses a single 5.5″ RST bass driver and C-CAM ribbon.
The bass driver exhibits the low frequency extension and power handling of a much larger transducer while the excellent C-CAM ribbon soars beyond conventional tweeter domes to a stratospheric 60 kHz. Consequently the Gold 50 combines the frequency range of the finest studio monitors with dynamics that defy its modest dimensions.
Optional, dedicated floor stands are available, which can be filled to provide the ultimate foundation for the best possible sound quality.
This product is now available to use with home theatre design software, The Cinema Designer. Read more.
- C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) ribbon transducer design – providing extension to a class leading 60 KHz
- HiVe II port technology for better transient response and tighter bass
- New C-CAM RST (Rigid Surface Technology) bass/mid-range driver
- Single bolt through driver fixings for improved bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Die-cast alloy terminal panel arrangement with high quality bi-wire terminals and high end spade type link cables
- Pureflow Silver internal cabling
- Selected premium quality wood veneer or high gloss lacquer finishes
- Rigid 20 mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity resulting in low cabinet colouration
- Invisible magnetic grille fixing provides clean visual styling when used with the grille off.
55 Hz — 60 kHz
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
50 — 100 W
Bass reflex – HiVe II port system
Drive Unit Complement
1 x 51/2” RST II bass/mid-range driver
1 x C-CAM H.F ribbon transducer
Cabinet Dimensions (H x W x D)
300 x 170 x 263 mm
(1113/16 x 611/16 x 103/8“)
Complete Dimensions (Including Terminals (H x W x D))
300 x 170 x 290 mm
(1113/16 x 611/16 x 117/16“)
7.5 kg (16 lb 8 oz)
Optional Floor Stand (H x W x D)
630 x 290 x 360 mm
Optional Floor Stand Weight