Q Acoustics Concept 500 Floor Standing Speakers
- The High-end Concept 500 Floorstanding Speakers adopt advanced, innovative technologies to deliver pure audio excellence and a sensational sound stage.
- The Concept 500 pairs Point-to-Point (P2P™) bracing to deal with low-frequency panel vibrations with Helmholtz Pressure Equalizers (HPE™) to balance out pressure irregularities.
- Three separate layers filled with a non-setting gel, which dampens the cabinet walls and converts higher frequency vibrations into heat for better performance.
1 in stock
Concept 500 Floorstanding Speaker Pair
- Founded in 2006, Q Acoustics quickly built a reputation for designing and manufacturing class-leading loudspeakers. Concept 500 is the culmination of Q Acoustics continual evolution and refinement resulting in what we believe is sonic perfection
- Designed to appeal to discerning audiophiles, the Concept 500 achieves a perfect balance between art and science. It is a loudspeaker that is at once, stylish, contemporary, fine-sounding and astonishingly accurate. It couples low directivity with wide bandwidth, good sensitivity and sensible impedance. This makes the new Concept 500 both room-friendly and an easy load to drive, allowing amplifiers to deliver their best performance
What’s in the Boxes
- 2 x Concept 500 Floorstanding Speakers
- 2 x Jumpers
- 2 x Cleaning Cloths
- 8 x Ball End Feet
- 8 x Spike Feet
- 2 x Two Part Foam Bungs
- 1 x Owners Manual
Experience the Concept 500 (Continued…)
Designed to appeal to discerning audiophiles, the Concept 500 achieves a perfect balance between art and science. It is a loudspeaker that is at once, stylish, contemporary, fine-sounding and astonishingly accurate. It couples low directivity with wide bandwidth, good sensitivity and sensible impedance. This makes the new Concept 500 both room-friendly and an easy load to drive, allowing amplifiers to deliver their best performance.
To create a stereo soundstage which gives as good an impression of width, depth and height as that found in a live performance requires high quality drive units, a well designed crossover and an accurately constructed cabinet. To achieve this, Q Acoustics formed a truly talented team with many years of experience in the design, engineering and manufacture of world-class loudspeakers. A combination that resulted in a state-of-the-art loudspeaker worthy of any high-end system.
Great care has been taken in both the design of the crossover and the selection of high grade components, to introduce virtually zero noise and distortion. The 4th-order Linkwitz-Riley topology
which gives an excellent response both on and off-axis.
High Frequency Driver:
Mechanically decoupled mounting which effectively isolates the HF driver and speaker cabinet from reciprocal vibrations that would otherwise be transmitted between them.
A method, known as P2P™ (Point to Point) bracing, supports the parts of the cabinet that need to be stiffened to deal with low frequency panel vibrations.
The Mid/Bass voice coil has an uncommonly large diameter of 35mm which allows increased ‘shove’ and higher power handling – as well as reducing compression.
Constructed in three separate layers and filled under pressure with a non-setting gel, this damps
the cabinet walls and converts higher frequency vibrations into heat.
Tall loudspeakers tend to suffer from resonances caused by unwanted pressure gradients. Specially
designed Helmholtz Pressure Equalisers (HPE™) balance out these pressure irregularities.
Terminals and Rear:
Access Panel – The rear access panel has been constructed to maintain the integrity of the Dual Gelcore™ cabinet. The Concept 500 is equipped for bi-wiring or bi-amping with terminals which can accept bare wires, spades or 4 mm banana plugs.
The cast aluminium base of the Concept 500 is designed without large flat areas or additional adornments to discourage unwanted acoustic reflections. The resulting elegant design is underpinned with a choice of carefully engineered feet to immovably couple the loudspeaker to any surface.
Concept 500 is the embodiment of elegant design, compatible with a contemporary living space and not specific to any particular style of interior. The appearance has been pared-back to be as clean looking as possible, with rear-mounted mid / bass drivers keeping the baffle uncluttered and embedded magnets securing the grille so no fixings are visible.
Gloss black or gloss white finishes have each been combined with Italian realwood veneer, chosen for its consistency in colour and pattern. The veneer is used sparingly in a subtle strip to create
a cabinet that is visually light and clean. The white gloss finish has been attractively paired with pale oak and the black gloss with deep rosewood. Multiple coats of lacquer have then been added to give a deep piano gloss finish.